The ASN 2020 European Conference invites proposals for individual papers, thematic panels, book panels, and roundtables. The standard panel format consists of a chair, three to five presenters, and a discussant.
Proposals should be submitted in English by using the submitting buttons within the conference website – call for proposals section (https://asncluj2020.ro/content/call-proposals ).
Individual Paper Proposal Requirements:
- Contact information: name, e-mail address, and academic affiliation of the applicant.
- Paper abstract (up to 500 words) with the title of the paper and no more than five keywords.
- A 100-word, one paragraph biographical statement in narrative form; standard CVs will not be accepted.
- Individual proposals for papers written by multiple authors (joint proposals) must include contact information and biographical statements for all authors.
Thematic Panel Proposal Requirements:
- Contact information for all panelists: names, e-mail addresses, and academic affiliations.
- Title of the panel.
- Paper abstract (up to 500 words) for each paper.
- A 100-word, one paragraph biographical statement in narrative form for each author; standard CVs will not be accepted.
Book Panel Requirements:
- The book should be a significant contribution to the field; preference is given to monographs.
- Contact information for all panelists: names, e-mail addresses, and academic affiliations; the list of panelists should include the author/s of the book.
- The title of the panel is given by the full name of the book; full bibliographical information of the book should be given.
- An abstract (up to 500 words) of the panel, consisting of a summary of the main contributions of the book.
- A 100-word, one paragraph biographical statement in narrative form for all panelists; standard CVs will not be accepted.
Roundtables are also accepted and applications should follow the panel proposal format. Roundtable proposals should focus on: a) key events or developments; b) methodological questions; or c) new fields of research.
Papers and panels will be assessed by an international board composed of scholars from ASN and the conference organizers.
As a general rule, no person may appear more than twice on the program and only once as a paper presenter.
Conference registration fees are:
- Faculty: 100 Euros (ASN Members: 60 Euros)
- Students: 60 Euros (ASN Members: 30 Euros)